• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Here comes the currency collapse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here comes the currency collapse

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8266266.stm

Thank god money doesn't bring you happiness or I'd be miserable now.

In its quarterly bulletin, the Bank of England noted that the UK had run current account deficits for more than a decade
    "more than a decade" eh? Wonder why that is?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The outside world is realising that Uk plc is a busted flush.
      For too long the country has (literally) traded on its past reputation.
      There is a long overdue catch-up coming soon and then we are all going to have to reassess the whole house of cards.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        "more than a decade" eh? Wonder why that is?

Scroll down (a long way)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat.../2187rank.html

Comment

Originally posted by mace View Post
          We are so used to the US being so much in hock that we have got used to it. And most people think that's sustainable.
          But what if it isn't and we find out in a dramatic way in the not too distant future?
          Because one lesson we should have learnt is that no one knows Jack tulip about how the new globalised economy works.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            We are so used to the US being so much in hock that we have got used to it. And most people think that's sustainable.
            But what if it isn't and we find out in a dramatic way in the not too distant future?
            Because one lesson we should have learnt is that no one knows Jack tulip about how the new globalised economy works.
            The US has vast natural resources and a lowish population density though. We've used all ours up and all we make is babies.

Comment

Originally posted by mace View Post
              Germany at No. 2, with Norway and Holland also in the top 7.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                Germany at No. 2, with Norway and Holland also in the top 7.
                resident, live and work
                the little debt I have is in GBP
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Thank God we didn't join the Euro back when it was ~1.6 Euros to the pound. We'd be really screwed now if we had.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Just makes all my Canadian cash more valuable! mwahahahaha
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X