• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bob Shawadiwadi’s evil salesman uncle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob Shawadiwadi’s evil salesman uncle

Just had him on the phone – twice.

The first time I said I wasn’t interested and hung up. The fraker phoned me back.

I gave him a lesson in anglo-saxon and hung up again, but took the phone off the hook.

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Was this you?

http://www.e4.com/video/OHrlH1XETjWfq5lu3ZhcDu/play.e4

Comment

Actually, his ‘England language’ was OK. He didn’t sound like that, but he was stuck in his script about cost savings in software delivery.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Some years ago, I interviewed a "Bob Shawadiwadi" for a 1st line support role in the company where I worked.

I had to rapidly draw the interview to a close, because, quite frankly, I couldn't breathe the air any longer in the room. It wasn't B.O. but it was just vile, whatever it was.

I would have called the interview anyway, because he mentioned that he had seen our company website and produced his own, improved mock-ups using sheets of white A4 and crayons (I kid you not).

His personal interests were Bacterial Microbiology (in which he had a Masters degree from an Indian Uni). Quite why he wanted to work as a 1st line support person in a company that provided equipment to the Met Police was beyond me. However, it was about 2 weeks after the incidents in the US when envelopes containing white powder were being sent to the White House.

Anyway, he was just not suitable for the role, and I followed with a rejection letter the same day.

The next day, in the afternoon, the company sec put a call through to me from Mr Shawadiwadi.

Thinking that he wants some constructive feedback, I decide to accept the call and try to help.

It's Mr Shawadiwadi all right. Just not Bob. It's his fecking brother, who angrily wants to know why I have declined his most excellent brother from working at the company. In the background, I hear the extended family gnashing and wailing their teeth, egging Bob's brother on.

After much explanation, I finally manage to get through to Bob's brother that Bob was unsuitable.

He pauses for a few moments, then delivers the punchline.

"Perhaps you are thinking of taking me instead then ?"

I hung up and took an extended lunch break with a note to the company sec not to forward any more calls from Mr Shawadiwadi or his tribe for the rest of eternity.
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
        X