• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview Nerves!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview Nerves!

I have an interview first thing in the morning and am a bag of nerves. I know I can do the job but am still nervous. I have not had an interview in over a year and a half thanks to a long contract. The job spec is so generic and there is no clue as what the project is.

Preparation tips, advice and luck would be appreciated!

Swot up on the company, make some notes, imagine yourself being confident in the interview (visualise answering questions about topics you know lots about), have a glass of wine, go to bed.
    Get up and start smiling.

Best of luck.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Do you know roughly? For example, if it's a .Net gig I find a site with .Net interview questions. It eases the nerves a bit as you feel like you have given it your all in preparation, and gives you a boost as you get reminded you know your stuff.

Defo WZS. Genning up on the company is law. Drop a few hints in tinterview you have done this.

"Oh yes I noticed that on your web site"

"Best company of the year award three years running, you must be doing something right"

etc blah.

Above all be yourself, it relaxes the interviewer. If the nerves are really bad try rescue remedy
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Am looking at their website at the minute. It looks quite good and interesting.

No clue really at all as the job description is really a very generic PM role. It might have to be something that I ask them in the interview. Hopefully them describing the project will give us something good to discuss.

I have a pot of kalms which will probably be handy.

Comment

Go in there not caring whether you get the contract or not. Treat it as a chance to meet some like-minded people and get a bit of meeting practice.

Comment

If there is a girl imagine her to be naked, you might not get the gig but at least you will have made a deposit in the w**k bank for later.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              If there is a girl imagine her to be naked, you might not get the gig but at least you will have made a deposit in the w**k bank for later.
              Making a few assumptions there aren't we?
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                Making a few assumptions there aren't we?
                well... just maybe

Comment

Originally posted by *Alterego View Post
                  I have an interview first thing in the morning and am a bag of nerves. I know I can do the job but am still nervous. I have not had an interview in over a year and a half thanks to a long contract. The job spec is so generic and there is no clue as what the project is.

Preparation tips, advice and luck would be appreciated!
                  Undoubtedly, I shall suffer much ridicule and abuse for this from the cynical lot here but nevertheless it works consistently...so I'll share it with you.

Go to YouTube and search for "EFT". You'll probably come across a pile of free instructional videos from various people showing you how to tap on a few key spots on the body to cure just about anything under the sun.

After you've watched a few to get the hang of the method, try it out on your nerves...they'll vanish instantly.

Reuse as necessary until the interview itself.

Comment

Buy an oxytocin phremone spray and put it on you
                    it will make you irresistible to the interviewer

Comment

Working...
                    X