• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT are USELESS!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT are USELESS!!!!

My mother had her phone cut off today. She's 90, lives on her own, and has no other means of communicating with the outside world.

It's not because she hasn't paid her bill. Oh no. And she did ask BT to disconnect her line. But not today. She wanted them to disconnect it on the 30th, as she will be leaving her place to move in with my sister (God help them both).

But of course, BT engineers aren't able to read dates on order forms, so instead of waiting till the 30th, they did it today. Stupid incompetent wastes of air.

So, being the loving son that I am, I spent 5 hours this evening trying to sort it out. Apparently, I can put in an order for a new line, but it will take 3 working days, and I will have to sign up for a 12 month contract. Excellent!

So now my mother is completely isolated, will be very lonely until it's reconnected, and will probably be landed with a huge bill to boot.

I want to shove BT's collective head in a grinding machine. And as for Mr Showaddywaddy who told me he had to go at 9 because it was time to go home, and that all the managers had left earlier, well I hope he dies in a horrible yachting accident.

Roll on tomorow, and I can start shouting at them again.

If it's that easy to disconnect a line, why is it so difficult to connect it again?

Oh dear - what a bunch of arses.
    Could you get her a PAYG mobile phone to tide her over?
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
      My mother had her phone cut off today. She's 90, lives on her own, and has no other means of communicating with the outside world.

It's not because she hasn't paid her bill. Oh no. And she did ask BT to disconnect her line. But not today. She wanted them to disconnect it on the 30th, as she will be leaving her place to move in with my sister (God help them both).

But of course, BT engineers aren't able to read dates on order forms, so instead of waiting till the 30th, they did it today. Stupid incompetent wastes of air.

So, being the loving son that I am, I spent 5 hours this evening trying to sort it out. Apparently, I can put in an order for a new line, but it will take 3 working days, and I will have to sign up for a 12 month contract. Excellent!

So now my mother is completely isolated, will be very lonely until it's reconnected, and will probably be landed with a huge bill to boot.

I want to shove BT's collective head in a grinding machine. And as for Mr Showaddywaddy who told me he had to go at 9 because it was time to go home, and that all the managers had left earlier, well I hope he dies in a horrible rickshaw accident.

Roll on tomorow, and I can start shouting at them again.

If it's that easy to disconnect a line, why is it so difficult to connect it again?

Fixed that for ya.

Comment

I am not at all surprised.

Do not fall for paying them money.

Buy Mum a mobile (with appropriate usability add-ons to make the keypad usable) for the duration. It'll be cheaper anyway.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Moose - disgusting stuff. Straight to the press - have them named and shamed immediately. Hopefully you can get a PAYG mobile for her asap and get them to pay for it in compensation.

Comment

erm Zippy got there first with the temporary mobile solution. Not sure all 90 year olds are down with nokias though!

Comment

why not bring her round to hotel moose in the meantime?

Comment

Nothing new. When my wife setup her office and BT were supposed to put in the line. They went to the wrong building in an entirely wrong town. On the second attempt they got the wrong date. My wife got six months free and free installation as compensation.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I had an interesting conversation with BT yesterday that went something like this:

Me: Is that the residential customer services?

BT: Yes.

me: At last! I have been bounced around your business customer services for ages, anyway last month I arranged for my home phone line to be transfered to a business phone line, but you are still taking money out of my personal bank account.

BT: Your phone line is on a residential account, that is why you have come through to us.

Me: That's interesting, as I just said I have been bounced around the business call centre and had to go through to business faults to get transferred to yourselves as your automated system insists that my phone line is a business phone line.

BT: I assure you that it is residential, it is impossible for out systems to allow 2 accounts on one phone number.

Me: Really?

BT: Yes, our software is soph.......... Oh, hang on. I just put your phone number into my search and 2 accounts have come up, one residential and one business....

Still Invoicing

Comment

as others say get her a PAYG mobile - forget trying to get Bt to do anything at any pace other than one similar to a snail - you will give yourself a heart attack trying.

chalk it to experience - there are a number of good PAYG phones that only do phoning and have big buttons ideal for old dears.

Comment

Working...
                    X