• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Seriously - CUK Birmingham meetup drinks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously - CUK Birmingham meetup drinks?

Not a gag, serious.

Now I'm based in the West Midlands I just know there are other CUKers nearby.

Would a Birmingham / Coventry meet-up work?

What nights?

Where?

Anyone interested?

Suggestions, please.

(Sockpuppets, geeks, gays, straights, lesbians, nerds, blokes, birds, normals, pimps, dammit even moderators are all welcome.)

I'm proposing we meet in a drinking establishment in late afternoon and move to a mutually acceptable eating establishment later.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Pimps!
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      Pimps!
      Yep. Provided they are CUK pimps.

I'd love to spend an hour or two with Dodgy Agent.

Also, there's plenty who would like 5 minutes with Another Dodgy Agent, if someone would hold him down.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Let's make sure this is promoted tomorrow too.

Good on you for trying to organise something.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I'm not in the Midlands during the week.

The rest of the time, I'm not in that bit of the Midlands, so if I'm to have a drink I'd like there to be a decent hotel in the vicinity - either that, or a reasonable cab fare home.

Am I right in believing you're to the east of the West Midlands? If so, the latter option may be viable

Comment

I've never attended a CUK meet up but I might give this one a go...

Sort if out RC

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              I'm proposing we meet in a drinking establishment in late afternoon and move to a mutually acceptable eating establishment later.
              I'd like to propose The Wellington in the centre of Birmingham as a venue for consideration. Very easy to get to (just a short walk from New Street & Snow Hill stations) and they have 16 real ales that change regularly.
              Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                I'd like to propose The Wellington in the centre of Birmingham as a venue for consideration. Very easy to get to (just a short walk from New Street & Snow Hill stations) and they have 16 real ales that change regularly.
                I'd be in, but near one of the aforementioned stations (or Cov) would be good for me.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

location looks good.

friday 9th october?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post

Can vouch for this - beer is about as good as it gets although it does get very busy at peak times. One of very very few decent boozers in central brum.

There is a nice italian just on the other side of the road - does a fantastic lobster thermodor - although indian would probably be a more favourable/universal option.

May be up for it dependant on when.

Comment

Working...
                    X