• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm thinking of voting Liberal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking of voting Liberal

Or whatever it is they're calling themselves these days. I can't bring myself to vote for a Bl**r II. It's either that or not vote again.

Are they as nuts as people make out?

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Or whatever it is they're calling themselves these days. I can't bring myself to vote for a Bl**r II. It's either that or not vote again.

Are they as nuts as people make out?
    I was thinking of joining you until the conference this week. My logic is that I hate labour, I have always voted Tory but cant see the difference between them and labour anymore.

But I dont believe in taxing property. I can go for taxing rental income (and disallowing mortgage payments as tax relief). For a start taxing those with £1m+ houses (on top of the 50% band) might make IBs think about leaving London.

If the IBs leave we will be MEGA-DOOMED.

Comment

They are all nuts! It's going to be a very tough decision at the next election, and I'm not sure who I'll be voting for.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        ... cant see the difference between them and labour anymore.
        Ditto, except labour seem to be more corrupt and generally a bit thicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          They are all nuts! It's going to be a very tough decision at the next election, and I'm not sure who I'll be voting for.
          Exactly why BNP and UKIP will do so well.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            They are all nuts!
            True. The attraction is that they seem interested in UK citizens rather than GDP, big business and themselves. Even if they are nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
              And that is the reason why it is so important to vote (even if you are voting Labour)
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                I would still like to hope that the British Public is better than that.

With the exception of a couple of places in Essex, naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I was thinking of joining you until the conference this week. My logic is that I hate labour, I have always voted Tory but cant see the difference between them and labour anymore.

But I dont believe in taxing property. I can go for taxing rental income (and disallowing mortgage payments as tax relief). For a start taxing those with £1m+ houses (on top of the 50% band) might make IBs think about leaving London.

If the IBs leave we will be MEGA-DOOMED.
                  Pretty much my thoughts.

I also think that the tax would be totally unworkable, you would have to value thousands and thousands of homes and the list will have to contantly updated and that is going to be open to corruption.

It will also lead to hundreds of more civil servants in the "Snooping on people who get extensions on 900 grand houses department"

Comment

Vince Cable talks a lot of sense but the leader is lightweight. At the end of the day we are going to end up with DC unless they find the pics of him chasing the dragon at university.

Comment

Working...
                    X