• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shape of the market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shape of the market

Well three weeks in I cant say its any worse than 2008 I've got a better CV than then so I'm optimistic I'd like to hear how others are doing.

Well, the market was quite lively in July, tailed off mid August to mid September and it looks as if it may be back to July's numbers now (just going on Jobserve daily stats for that). I've not answered the phone to speculative agents since I signed my contract a few weeks ago, so can't be sure as to how well the market's really going. My skillset never had a boom, so the bust isn't so noticeable.

Comment

Shape of the market
      Pants.

Comment

It's this shape:

http://old.jobstats.co.uk/jobstats.d...S.d/index.html
        Cats are evil.

Comment

I have to say my phone is going crazy in the past week from nothing. I have been put forward for 4 roles. One of those I had an interview for this morning. I have a fifth one in the pipeline which they will confirm this evening if they feel I am suitable after scouring the market more which is what they said. I am really not sure what is happening for me this week but I hope I get one of the roles.

Comment

Originally posted by *Alterego View Post
            I have to say my phone is going crazy in the past week from nothing. I have been put forward for 4 roles. One of those I had an interview for this morning. I have a fifth one in the pipeline which they will confirm this evening if they feel I am suitable after scouring the market more which is what they said. I am really not sure what is happening for me this week but I hope I get one of the roles.
            Congrats - what area of IT are you in?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              Pants.
              +1

So that's 2 pants.

Nomadd
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                Congrats - what area of IT are you in?
                Am a PM with a very mixed background of clients. Am not sure if there is sme word on my CV that is being picked up but it is a complete turn around. I know I haven't bagged a role yet but it has pulled my spirits up.

Comment

Miserable, flat, zero jobs available. This year started dead and seems to have got steadily worse for my skill set. Since most of the available jobs were on projects that were fully funded before the financial slump and I suppose many projects are now wrapping up, I guess my sector will be a while yet before it improves. Presently, my daily Jobsite.co.uk search has not revealed a single job in the last 2 months that I can apply for. That's never happened to me before.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

What about daily rates ? Going up/down ? Anyone ?

Comment

Working...
                    X