• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

hotel budget

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hotel budget

Hypothetically speaking, if I were staying away for 2 nights a week and earning around £2.5k in the same period, what would your budget be?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Hypothetically speaking, if I were staying away for 2 nights a week and earning around £2.5k in the same period, what would your budget be?
    £2.5k for two nights work? Is your new gig becoming a high-class call girl?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Caravan. No wonder I can't get a gig when you keep undercutting me.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        £2.5k for two nights work? Is your new gig becoming a high-class call girl?
        3 days a week on the client's site the rest in my own office.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

3 days on the client's site the rest in my own office.
          If you can load the cost to the client, £200 a night. If you can't, whatever you're comfortable with...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I don't really think about the price, just look for the best price 4*-5*
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

£100-120 is do-able on a Mon-Fri basis in London so you could splash out a little if it`s just two days a week for the extra comfort. If it`s definatley the same two days a week for x period of time you could try negotiating the price lower also.

Comment

Please invite us

Your Budget should be:-

£70 a night + 21 + 5 a day tax deductable
                £1000 to invite us out for a few beers and a curry.

We are looking forward to your invite.

BS

Comment

I have exactly this set up at the moment - 3 days work at client, 2 days work at home = 2 nights in a hotel each week. I tend to go onto booking websites at the last minute (i.e. Sunday afternoon usually) and get the best room available for about 70 euro p/night. That's usually good for a four star hotel where I'm working at the moment. There are lots of hotels here as they have a gigantic conference/exhibition centre in town, but it's only fully booked on a handful of weeks each year.

Sometimes I have to pay more, but I don't think I've ever gone over 100 euro for a night. I try different places all the time as well, for a bit of variety. Only found one perfect hotel so far, but that one doesn't tend to have last minute spaces very often so it's a rare treat.

Comment

Working...
                  X