• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immortality only 20 years away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immortality only 20 years away

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...scientist.html

Scientist Ray Kurzweil claims humans could become immortal in as little as 20 years' time through nanotechnology and an increased understanding of how the body works.

Great! Destined to live forever as a doddering, decrepit old fart under an endless Labour government.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...scientist.html

Scientist Ray Kurzweil claims humans could become immortal in as little as 20 years' time through nanotechnology and an increased understanding of how the body works.

Great! Destined to live forever as a doddering, decrepit old fart under an endless Labour government.
    And they will tax you for the previlage
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

"Ultimately, nanobots will replace blood cells and do their work thousands of times more effectively.

"Within 25 years we will be able to do an Olympic sprint for 15 minutes without taking a breath, or go scuba-diving for four hours without oxygen.

"Nanotechnology will extend our mental capacities to such an extent we will be able to write books within minutes.
      Complete nutter.

Comment

In 30 years we'll be able to flap our arms and fly to Mars in under a minute and eat three shredded wheats.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Complete nutter.
          I'd like some of whatever he's on
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I would say his timescales are a bit out but I don't doubt that alot of what he is envisioning will actually happen.

Comment

Originally posted by JamieMoles View Post
              I would say his timescales are a bit out but I don't doubt that alot of what he is envisioning will actually happen.
              It's interesting that The Sun got the scoop there rather than, say, Nature.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Too late for me then...
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  [url]
                  Destined to live forever as a doddering, decrepit old fart ...
                  You should be used to it by now ...
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    You should be used to it by now ...
                    How old are you?

Comment

Working...
                    X