• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forgot to renew

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot to renew

Anyone ever worked on a gig where clientco simply forgot to renew, and walked off only to receive a call a few days later - "Er, where are you?"

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Anyone ever worked on a gig where clientco simply forgot to renew, and walked off only to receive a call a few days later - "Er, where are you?"
    I am a lot more proactive than that so the "where are you" bit would never happen.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I try to actively manage my client expectations and needs so, er, no.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

and you didn't think to remind them.

Comment

I normally chase extensions at least 4-6 weeks beforehand. They always take time and it is best to be proactive.

Comment

Maybe a chance to say "oh, well I'm making other arrangements... I can come back but I need to renegotiate my rate". Of course you might get the boot but then someone else can take your place, and be happy
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Very nearly happened to me on Friday, except someone said to the manager "ehh, you know he is leaving today"

5 seconds later he comes up to me "I really need you in on Monday".

I should have screwed them for a rate rise.

Comment

I cannot begin to understand how you could have let this happen.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
                  I cannot begin to understand how you could have let this happen.
                  I should explain.

It's not happened yet but I can see it coming - this clientco is a pretty disfunctional place.

Not the greatest gig I've been on - I would be more than happy to let it slide and walk off.

I can see them phoning up a few days later.... might put me in an entertaining negotiating position.

Comment

Isn't it pretty unprofessional not to organise a final meeting, wrapping up, etc? Schedule the meeting the day before your last day and mention casually somehow about other work.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X