• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have I woken up in a parallel universe?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have I woken up in a parallel universe?

Aide quits over attorney general

An MP....a labour MP at that...resigning on a point of principle???
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

He's only resigned as a PPS, not as an MP. Probably to boost his credibility with his constituents, when it comes to re-election he can present himself as man of principle.

Call me a cynic but I trust them as much as I trust agents.
    Numbly tolerating the inequality as a way to achieve greater prosperity for all.

Comment

A-ha I was right! Merseyside's most expensive MP

They should think themselves lucky he has turned over a new leaf now though.
      Numbly tolerating the inequality as a way to achieve greater prosperity for all.

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
        Aide quits over attorney general

An MP....a labour MP at that...resigning on a point of principle???
        He obviously hasn't read the instruction book.

Look at the actual participants:
        Baroness Scotland is attorney general.
        Her husband is a barrister.
        His friend, husband of the housekeeper, is a solicitor.
        The housekeeper, alone of the four, is not a lawyer.

So who keeps their job and who loses their job here?
        Step outside posh boy

Comment

This fiasco

FFS So GB gives "Full Support" speech to this woman who has illegally employed an illegal immigrant.

The Immigration and Asylum Act 1996 makes it a criminal offence to employ an illegal immigrant. So she has been fined, and consequently should get a criminal record with that which would make her position as a public servant untenable.

What bothers me more is she is in a position of authority and public office and she is stupid enough not to check the paperwork of people in her employ.

If stupidity was a crime she would get a life sentence.
          There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
            FFS So GB gives "Full Support" speech to this woman who has illegally employed an illegal immigrant.

The Immigration and Asylum Act 1996 makes it a criminal offence to employ an illegal immigrant. So she has been fined, and consequently should get a criminal record with that which would make her position as a public servant untenable.

What bothers me more is she is in a position of authority and public office and she is stupid enough not to check the paperwork of people in her employ.

If stupidity was a crime she would get a life sentence.
            What so stupid about it?

Comrade Scotland was merely helping her cleaner along the path to British citzenship (and getting cheap labour in return).

Comment

This is one of the standard paths into this country for third-worlders. Enter as a "student", get a National Insurance number, and then forget to return to whatever hellhole they came from.

Comment

Working...
              X