• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2 contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 contracts

Has anyone worked on 2 agency contracts at the same time?

Wish me luck - 3 months of dizziness and moonlighting here I come...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

I have negotiated to split the week 2 days for one, 3 for the other as part of phasing one contract out and starting another. Much grief both times I tried it. Keeping both parties happy was nigh impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
      Keeping both parties happy was nigh impossible.
      This is where I'm at.

I figure it's a seasaw, neither of them shall be happy unless one of them is on top. So I'm aiming for a level seasaw.

As someone said to me, it's a business decision, and I've got to do what is right for the business. Although client A has offered work until May 2010 I'm slowing the effort down for client B but it's only 3 months work or there abouts - I should be able to keep somewhere between grumpy and happy.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Just make sure you are still alive to enjoy that mountain of money.
        The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
          Just make sure you are still alive to enjoy that mountain of money.
          I'm planning taking January & February off... first holiday in goodness 14 months...

PS: Mountain is right - feel such a wh0r*

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            This is where I'm at.

I figure it's a seasaw, neither of them shall be happy unless one of them is on top. So I'm aiming for a level seasaw.

As someone said to me, it's a business decision, and I've got to do what is right for the business. Although client A has offered work until May 2010 I'm slowing the effort down for client B but it's only 3 months work or there abouts - I should be able to keep somewhere between grumpy and happy.
            It did work both times, in that I met ( sort of ! ) my contract reqs for A and yet was able to start the new contract for B, in both cases the new contracts were local and lasted the best part of a year.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
              It did work both times, in that I met ( sort of ! ) my contract reqs for A and yet was able to start the new contract for B, in both cases the new contracts were local and lasted the best part of a year.
              Well done. Makes me feel better about the situation. A pair of steal balls may also have helped.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                This is where I'm at.

Sounds like you need a subbie...
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  Sounds like you need a subbie...
                  I'm thinking about it.

I've sent a few e-mails to the local universities for 3rd / 4th year graduates in my field...

Comment

i remember i did it ages ago..........beauty was that 1 was in the early day and the other evening. The day one had short hours so it worked well for me as I didn't want to sit at home long evenings. ClientCo knew & didn't mind as long as all was upto scratch
                    .....my day will come

Comment

Working...
                    X