• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bummer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bummer

I have already turned down a potentional role with a 33% rate increase because current cliento co will allow working from home on Fridays. (other role was even further away from home!) Now a juicy job right up my street has appeared 2 miles from home

BUT clientco have been very patient and want me to sign up for another 3 months - job at home is public sector and will take weeks for them to even get around to reading the CV's.

In the current climate its nice to see lots of roles around, but why do they all come at once.
    Anyhoo this time last year I was starting a 5 month stint on the bench, now there DOES seem to be contracts out there. So good luck to all benchiees
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Good luck with getting the local job.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Just sign, try and work in a notice period. If the local job is so slow, negotiate a 2-month extension or 1-month notice period or something and it may work out.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Just sign, try and work in a notice period. If the local job is so slow, negotiate a 2-month extension or 1-month notice period or something and it may work out.
        That would seem sensible - I'm trying but clientco are getting a little tetchy.
        Once i sign, thats it, I stick to my contract so as stated before - BUMMER

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          In the current climate its nice to see lots of roles around,
          What are your skills, Pogle?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            What are your skills, Pogle?
            Data warehousing, Business objects, and other ETL/reporting tools.
            Mainly BOBJ though.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              Data warehousing, Business objects, and other ETL/reporting tools.
              Mainly BOBJ though.
              Definatley seems to be a big requirement for BI/Data warehousing. I now specilise primarily in the MS stack... but have a great deal of BO experience as well... Phone hasn't stopped ringing.... Rates seem to be getting a lot better too....

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dandcg View Post
                Definatley seems to be a big requirement for BI/Data warehousing. I now specilise primarily in the MS stack... but have a great deal of BO experience as well... Phone hasn't stopped ringing.... Rates seem to be getting a lot better too....

Dan
                Definitely a bigger demand for BI/DW stuff..
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                X