• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

how much Corperation tax do you pay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much Corperation tax do you pay

I made around 49k last tax year and have to pay just over 7100k is that a fair amount?
    exepsnes were around 2400

Originally posted by trsisko View Post
    I made around 49k last tax year and have to pay just over 7100k is that a fair amount?
    HAB Inc 0
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

is that a fair amount?

Comment

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/rates/corp.htm

Comment

Since 7100k is about 149 times your 49k take I'd probably say no not really fair.

Comment

The bill I have to pay soon for 08/09 is about half I paid for 07/08. I don't think that's fair at all.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Seems about right. Fair? Well thats another question..

Comment

Is that £49k net or gross? How did you split your income between salary and dividends?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

assuming the 49k is gross and you are on FRS
                  then (ish)
                  less VAT 5880 (12%??)
                  less sal 7200 (say 600 mth)
                  less exps 2400

would give 7100 to pay

but if not linked to VAT (49k turnover suggests not)
                  then you save the 5880 and pay
                  £8200 as CT

All finger in air calcs
                  Last edited by JonSmile; 24 September 2009, 09:09.
                  Twitter: jonsmile

Comment

I'd suggest you buy yourself a whole lot more gadgets!!!!

fair doesnt come into it....If you want to minimise your CT then you should be looking at ways to utilise what would be profit for another purpose....for instance I have just bought a company car, there will be plenty of people who will say "noooo claim mileage", thats all well and good if you do any miles to speak of but I dont, I commute by train and use the car to shuttle around at the weekends running my property business...

Few reasons for putting it thru the company, first I can claim back 50% of the VAT, 100% if purely business miles but wont be so Im being upfront. Secondly if I were to pay the repayments personally then I would need to increase my PAYE and therefore personal tax would go up. Thirdly I can offset the costs of the car (servicing, monthly lease repayment) and depreciation against CT..

So thats an example of a way in which you can effectively reduce your CT burden. That little lot will be about £5k per year of costs that will reduce my operating profit by £5k therefore reducing my CT by £1k...my benefit in kind is £800 a year on the car so Im quids in....and that doesnt include the fact Im not paying the insurance, my company is...

Do some research and look into expenses that can offset CT, its not difficult! Make sure you are expensing correctly and claiming what you should be....
                    Last edited by smalldog; 24 September 2009, 15:48.

Comment

Working...
                    X