• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A little bit of snow and the country comes to a grinding halt.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little bit of snow and the country comes to a grinding halt.

I got caught in a hailstorm just outside of Copenhagen this morning. Then managed to get a flat tyre because I couldn't see the glass on the cycle path. The glass was obscured by the hail. It was a really bad flat and had ripped the tyre as well, so even though I have a spare inner tube it was unrepairable. I was 10 km out from home so started to walk to the nearest shops in the hope of finding a phone number for a taxi as I could not remember any. As luck or providence would have it a taxi pulled up just in front of me, asking if I was OK, and took me home. What a nice man, I've got his number now in my wallet.

Took several cups of coffee, hot chocolate and a very hot shower to warm me back up again. A little bit of a rest and off I set for work again, this time in a car.

There I am thinking, ah well, I shall be late to work, when I get to my office, I'm first in!

As the others dribble in they're all blaming the weather for making them late. Yeah, what a lame excuse I think...
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

why, thank you for that story, it has made a change to my day, some light reading.

I remember getting punchers cycling along the Old Kent Road, and also outside Millwall's ground, all good fun as they were at around 0600 and dark so not fun to fix.
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
      why, thank you for that story, it has made a change to my day, some light reading.

I remember getting punchers cycling along the Old Kent Road, and also outside Millwall's ground, all good fun as they were at around 0600 and dark so not fun to fix.
      Punchers? WTF? Someone punched you?

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
        Traditionally the punchers would be inside Millwall's ground, but CCTV has put an end to that.

Comment

I was under the impression you had a variety of spare tyres carried around your midrif! Have I been misinformed?

BTW. Mobile phones, wonderful invention, you can store lots of phone numbers including local taxis. You might want to try one. Very compact devices and apparently you can even use them to telephone people from wherever you are (as long as you are in range of the service).
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
            I got caught in a hailstorm just outside of Copenhagen this morning. Then managed to get a flat tyre because I couldn't see the glass on the cycle path. The glass was obscured by the hail. It was a really bad flat and had ripped the tyre as well, so even though I have a spare inner tube it was unrepairable. I was 10 km out from home so started to walk to the nearest shops in the hope of finding a phone number for a taxi as I could not remember any. As luck or providence would have it a taxi pulled up just in front of me, asking if I was OK, and took me home. What a nice man, I've got his number now in my wallet.

Took several cups of coffee, hot chocolate and a very hot shower to warm me back up again. A little bit of a rest and off I set for work again, this time in a car.

There I am thinking, ah well, I shall be late to work, when I get to my office, I'm first in!

As the others dribble in they're all blaming the weather for making them late. Yeah, what a lame excuse I think...
            Jeez, get a life, man!
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
            X