• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Microsoft WebsiteSpark Program

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Microsoft WebsiteSpark Program

Announced today on Scott Guthrie's blog:

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archi...k-program.aspx

In brief it provides...
    • 3 licenses of Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition
    • 1 license of Expression Studio 3 (which includes Expression Blend, Sketchflow, and Web)
    • 2 licenses of Expression Web 3
    • 4 processor licenses of Windows Web Server 2008 R2
    • 4 processor licenses of SQL Server 2008 Web Edition
    • DotNetPanel control panel (enabling easy remote/hosted management of your servers)

...for 3 years at a cost of $100. Check out the link for terms & conditions.

Might be of use to some of you.
    Last edited by voodooflux; 24 September 2009, 10:04.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

thanks voodo, looks like nice option, just one other thing I noticed on the
    T&C's is

http://www.microsoft.com/web/website...zedItemId=7177

"In addition:
    To be eligible to continue to participate in the Program, the company must deploy a new public and Internet-accessible website developed using Program software within 6 months from Program enrollment, and report it and other new websites through the WebsiteSpark Portal."

I guess a "Hello World" website would qualify.......

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
      "In addition:
      To be eligible to continue to participate in the Program, the company must deploy a new public and Internet-accessible website developed using Program software within 6 months from Program enrollment, and report it and other new websites through the WebsiteSpark Portal."
      Yeah, they had something similar on the Empower For ISV's program - the cheeky barstewards actually expected you to deliver something

<CJ>
      I haven't got where I am today by delivering software...
      </CJ>

Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
      I guess a "Hello World" website would qualify.......
      Yeah, it shouldn't be too difficult to knock up something that ticks the box.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        Yeah, they had something similar on the Empower For ISV's program - the cheeky barstewards actually expected you to deliver something

<CJ>
        I haven't got where I am today by delivering software...
        </CJ>

Yeah, it shouldn't be too difficult to knock up something that ticks the box.
        build it in flash
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
        X