• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Earning money in between contracts...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,
    I just want to get some ideas of what you do to keep on earning in those 'lean' periods in between contracts. I have had the experience of being out of work for a month or two...and it is not easy...
    Last edited by DRBO; 24 September 2009, 11:17.

Originally posted by DRBO View Post
    Hi all,
    I just want to get some ideas of what you do to keep on earning in those 'lean' periods in between contracts. I have had the experience of being out of work for a month or two...and it is not easy...

One thing I do that has been working is to use Twitter to earn. I have found a good method to create 'niche' followings based on my interests and generate money that way. Check it out at http://www.theresoneborneveryminute.com

really? I doubt that.

I plan on being a rent boy. I hope I have no bench time.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Hi all,

One thing I do that has been working is to use Twitter to earn. I have found a good method to create 'niche' followings based on my interests and generate money that way. Check it out at http://www.theresoneborneveryminute.com

No stop, please. My ribs are hurting.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

i've just bought 2! looks like a real bargain and i expect to be rich by teatime

q: is it worth taking the time to delete this rubbish?

Comment

I wouldn't waste money on get rich quick schemes, just try the old fashioned
          way of learning a skill during your day job and using it on a plan b on weekends/evenings.

Comment

I have a new book out titled "Pondlife's tips on winning the lottery". Give us $97 and I'll send you an autographed copy. Better be quick, only 5 copies left.

idiot

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine View Post
              i've just bought 2! looks like a real bargain and i expect to be rich by teatime

q: is it worth taking the time to delete this rubbish?
              i'd remove the link in case someone on the bench signs up on it.

Comment

Maybe I should do something like that on my Twitter stream?
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Hi all,

I have found that a good way to make money is to spam forums with a referrer link to a crappy product
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

To all the haters...I never said in my post that you would earn millions...I am a contractor too. This is only for 'income on the side' or 'residual income'...

Comment

Working...
                    X