• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily Mail vs Gordon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Mail vs Gordon

All guns blazing from the Daily Mail today.... cracking stuff....

PM's long-time ally, Shriti Vadera, jumps ship

Labour's support in northern England crumbling

Brown shunned by Obama in the U.S.

PM forced to deny claims he's going blind

Mandelson: I wish Brown had more 'razmatazz'

Yep. It's all turning brown.

I almost feel sorry for the sad git - but then I come to my senses.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

They are just trying to make sure he steps down before the election to "give Labour a chance to win" but honestly think they are better keeping him because no matter who leads Labour they have not got a chance of winning (*i hope*)

Better (for Labour) to keep him on, lose, dump him and give the replacement 4 years to prep

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
        They are just trying to make sure he steps down before the election to "give Labour a chance to win" but honestly think they are better keeping him because no matter who leads Labour they have not got a chance of winning (*i hope*)

Better (for Labour) to keep him on, lose, dump him and give the replacement 4 years to prep
        I still dont think its a done deal that Labour will lose. I wish it were. DC is not up to the job and GB has been painting a picture that he has fixed the economy(despite having caused it to break).

At the end of the day whoever the sun wants to win will win.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I still dont think its a done deal that Labour will lose.
          I agree.

* Lots of people still won't bring themselves to vote Tory (either Thatcher or 90's sleaze).
          * Tories haven't reinvented themselves like 'New' Labour did.
          * DC is lame.
          * Tories are too similar to Labour; they supported the Iraq war and abused expenses.
          * Voting map heavily biased towards Labour.

That said Gordon Brown won't win, but they may replace him and have a spring election. My money is on Mandelson*

* he needs a by-election seat though...
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Aye.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Labour have done a marvellous job in minimising the effects of the recession. You'd be mad to vote Tory
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Although Labour will probably lose, replacing Brown might save 30 or 40 seats. That's the 100 most marginal Labour MPs who might move to kick him out to save their jobs.

I don't think Mandelson is liked by any of the public so I can't see Labour wanting him.

They should just stick up a temporary charmer as a damage-limitation exercise.

Comment

They would probably pick that slimey Milliband bloke!
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Mandelson is by far the brightest and most pragmatic bloke they have. That's what really frightening.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X