• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stock market to crash this week?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock market to crash this week?

The signs are there.

Key technical levels on FTSE and Dow have been hit.

G20 meeting this week. How many more rabbits can they pull out of a hat?

CNBC and general media talking up the market like there's no tomorrow. Quote from CNBC this week "close your eyes and hold your nose, and buy stocks".
    As the saying goes, when even taxi drivers are buying stocks, you know its time to sell.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

I know what you mean; it's got that 'feel' about it.

Don't have CNBC here only Bloomberg. I wouldn't watch it anyway. Cramer is entertaining sometimes, but he is a complete arse.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Technical level hitting is BS. CHartists are losers .

The market could drop soon but I think it will only be a correction to the March - present quick rise that caught many people with their trousers/skirts down, not a crash down to new lows. Or even if that did happen I think a very quick rebound will happen again to near current levels, the market isn`t going south for the long term (IMO of course).

There`s some good money to be made over the coming few years methinks

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
        WHS for a change. Using my own analysis methods:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...e-october.html
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'm not even going to answer that stupid sweeping comment

The market could drop soon but I think it will only be a correction to the March - present quick rise that caught many people with their trousers/skirts down, not a crash down to new lows. Or even if that did happen I think a very quick rebound will happen again to near current levels, the market isn`t going south for the long term (IMO of course).

There`s some good money to be made over the coming few years methinks
          Correction to March levels is fine by me. I have a put option on the FTSE march levels. So I'm happy whether its a crash or "W" shaped recovery.
          Last edited by SantaClaus; 24 September 2009, 15:42.
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
            I'm not even going to answer that stupid sweeping comment

Definition of a chartist: someone with a very large overdraft indeed.

Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

it doesnt look good, lack of confidence could be enough to derail the recovery, reflected in the sharp downturn in the ftse today, probably in response to the federal reserve negative comments.

lets hope she stays afloat, on the plus side its a good time for bargains.

Comment

Only a couple of days until the start of the Labour Conference on 27th Sept.

With Jonah Brown's luck, the FTSE and/or pound will plunge on the 26th ...
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Only a couple of days until the start of the Labour Conference on 27th Sept.

With Jonah Brown's luck, the FTSE and/or pound will plunge on the 26th ...
                  Mmmmmmm, now there is an idea.

Not the 26 but the day of his speech to conference (whenever that is). We could do the same as we did to him on the opening of SETS. Linky

It began when Britain's Treasury chief, Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown, started the session by ceremoniously punching a button.

Computer screens behind Brown lit up bright red, a sign that prices were falling.
                  If the market went down a LOT on the same day it would bump him off the top of the news.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    the FTSE and/or pound will plunge on the 26th ...
                    on Saturday !?

Comment

Working...
                    X