• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MOT testing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOT testing

Just had our car tested today. It passed but we got issued with an Advisory note stating "Child seat fitted not allowing full inspection of adult belt".

What was to stop them removing the child seat and putting it in the boot....?! I understand for liability reasons they can't re-fit it but surely some noddy could have taken it out....?!
    *Sigh* At least it passed!!

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
    Just had our car tested today. It passed but we got issued with an Advisory note stating "Child seat fitted not allowing full inspection of adult belt".

What was to stop them removing the child seat and putting it in the boot....?! I understand for liability reasons they can't re-fit it but surely some noddy could have taken it out....?!
    They have to test the car as delivered. You could have been one of the ministries spies testing to see what they would do.
    A mate owns an MOT centre and they are regularly "mistery shoppered".
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

My first car which was an old banger failed it's first MOT with me miserably.

One of the failing items was "windscreen obscured" or some such. I had a tiny toy star wars spaceship dangling mid screen down by the dash - would have blown a gasket if that had been the only failing item

garages = yet another group trying to rip you off

Comment

Leave it. Three years ago advisory notes on my van said "front brake discs in poor condition, signs of corrosion on underbody, exhaust system corroded"

Never did anything about anything and now it's only "front brake discs in poor condition". Logic suggests that will be cured by next year.

Much the same as teeth really. Garages and dentists have a lot in common, maybe they should swap roles.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang View Post

What the **** are you whinging about an advisory for? And why should MOT tester be your slave? Why couldnt you be arsed to remove the seat before your car went in?

**** me, some people!
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            What the **** are you whinging about an advisory for? And why should MOT tester be your slave? Why couldnt you be arsed to remove the seat before your car went in?

**** me, some people!
            Calm down dear it's only an MOT
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

bit like going to the docs with cock rot and being told to go to the hospital as the site was obscured by trousers
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                bit like going to the docs with cock rot and being told to go to the hospital as the site was obscured by trousers
                Enduring image isn't it mmm?
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  Why couldnt you be arsed to remove the seat before your car went in?

**** me, some people!
                  And where was the pre-MOT advisory to tell us to take said car seat out prior to the test?

I've had child car seats in the car for 9 years now only this year was any advisory given.
                  This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                    And where was the pre-MOT advisory to tell us to take said car seat out prior to the test?

I've had child car seats in the car for 9 years now only this year was any advisory given.
                    Whereas before they just never told you they hadn't tested that seat belt......

They don't them out, as if they do and you fit them again incorrectly, they could be seen to be liable for removing them in the first place....

tulip I know, but can you really blame them in this "there must be someone we can sue" society?
                    Still Invoicing

Comment

Working...
                    X