• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pay it forward

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay it forward

I got to the station tonight (taxi home as I had a couple of cheekies) and got a call from The War Office. The neighbour has accidentally licked the penycillin spoon. His youngest has a chest infection and is on pcyn. Neighbour is allergic

T.W.O. advises that she has had a knock at the door from the parameds and has taken their kids in (4) until mummy neighbour comes home. Neighbour (husband) has gone to horsepiddle to get checked out.

I arrive (clutching another couple of cheekies in a bag from local corner shop ) and say "Oh how's your husband?"

How we laughed as she took stock of the situation.

She had much tea in our house before taking her brood home. Got on really well. It turns out her husband is a big a nutter as I am, and trawls doom sites, has trouble with stress, and .....

on a more serious note, suffers from panic attacks.

I used to years ago. Then I got fit. I would argue I am the fitest I have ever been (still a big lad though )

Anywho, I saw an opportunity to pay it forward. I have been through some serious stress recently (the likes of which I would have stood no chance of dealing with if I was not seriously fit) and (would not have got through without some help from my friends - I have no real ones, only CUKers which are far better IMVHO )

Neighbour gets stressed over minor things (like I did years ago), and does no fitness. Midlife crisis yada yada yada

I will take a seriously low profile and wait for him to come to me, but if I get no positive signs before pub time next week I will drag him out for several ales to discuss a possible fitness plan.

Neighbour is 44 I think, so will start slow. I reckon this "could" be a win win, keep me out of the pub, and get him of his arse.

Then when I have done enough, stand back and let him go it alone. Power walking perhaps? Or cycling? Or swimming? Or light jogging?

I will smother him with helpfulness until he has to get fit.

What could go wrong?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

.... all this of course if he is not dead already.

HTH
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

He won't be dead and I love the irony of getting pissed while discussing fitness plans
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

win win

sounds like a good plan

life is

love
        sex
        experience

everything else is noise or worse work
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          .... all this of course if he is not dead already.

HTH
          You're secretly hoping for some "man love", aren't you?

Go to the gym together? Get all hot and sweaty? Suits you sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            You're secretly hoping for some "man love", aren't you?

Go to the gym together? Get all hot and sweaty? Suits you sir!
            He's after the wife...
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Maybe there should be some kind of device on CUK like they have in America for cars belonging to alcoholics, whereby the car won't start until the owner has blown into a built-in breathalyser.

What do you think?

Obviously there'd be fewer posts at 3am on a Sunday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
                Maybe there should be some kind of device on CUK like they have in America for cars belonging to alcoholics, whereby the car won't start until the owner has blown into a built-in breathalyser.

What do you think?

Obviously there'd be fewer posts at 3am on a Sunday morning.
                Can I have one for my mobile please

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Can I have one for my mobile please
                  Just delete your ex's phone number - simples!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Just delete your ex's phone number - simples!
                    I still remember it
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X