• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Being messed around with agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being messed around with agency

Hi all,

I signed a contract with an agency which states standard working hours 8 hours per day and as clarified by them and per offer is 40 hours a week. Now after starting the contract their timesheet shows standard workings 37.5, when I asked the agency the person in charge with my contract said that he is investigating about this claiming that there was an error and misunderstanding from the client side in regard with the working hours. I really like this job but I feel very disspointed to be messed around. Should I let go or warn the agency of contract violation?

Regards,
    Morad

It's only 2.5 hours per week. I'm sure it will get sorted out.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      It's only 2.5 hours per week. I'm sure it will get sorted out.
      Agreed. For the sake of 2.5 hours, I wouldn't lose any sleep.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Sheesh, just take long lunches and chill ...

Comment

if on hourly rate, I might kick up a fuss but if daily, not really a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
            if on hourly rate, I might kick up a fuss but if daily, not really a problem.
            Yep

If your on a daily rate it shouldnt matter

Comment

I am on a hourly rate. The contract was signed on 8 hours bases. Irregardless of 2.5 hours a week is small or big amount, the agency must adhere to the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by MoradBustany View Post
                Irregardless of 2.5 hours a week is small or big amount, the agency must adhere to the contract.
                Yes they should in an ideal world - and The Dalai Lama should be President of the USA but you shouldn't expect it to happen anytime soon...and neither should you expect agents to play by the rules. They'll try and get away with whatever they can.

So unless you are seriously ready to walk from this gig because of this, or are prepared to incur time and expenses in taking this to court, then it might be better to take a deep breath and just let it go.

Comment

I am on a hourly rate. The contract was signed on 8 hours bases. Irregardless of 2.5 hours a week is small or big amount, the agency must adhere to the contract.
                  I agree, 2.5 each week makes 10 hours a month, i.e. 1.5 day extra pay, it would make a difference, if one is staying away from home /commute, the 1.5 days would pay for the accommodation/petrol etc.

However, at these hard times, try to resolve this in a tactful way.

Comment

The agency aren't in a position to adhere to the contract (as you call it), the client is in control of the hours that you work.

If you push it, you may find that the client prefers not to have a trouble-maker working for them.

tim

Comment

Working...
                    X