• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oktoberfest is evil

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oktoberfest is evil

owww my head and I have a ####ing telco this morning and then a flight to cologne.. all I want is bed

The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    owww my head and I have a ####ing telco this morning and then a flight to cologne.. all I want is bed

'kin lightweight!

Comment

I was there 12noon - 1am FFS

Comment

HAHA, I did it every year for 5 years when I was in Germany and it is tough...

You have to get there early, then you start to drink...and then you carry on...

Not been in 10 years or so now though....
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          I was there 12noon - 1am FFS
          Just how many mass did you have?

Any tips for Snaw for his visit (I think he said this weekend).
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
            HAHA, I did it every year for 5 years when I was in Germany and it is tough...

You have to get there early, then you start to drink...and then you carry on...

Not been in 10 years or so now though....
            I have attended Oktoberfest or the Canntstatter in Stuttgart every year since 1998.

Life is hard if you never weaken.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Not sure how many Mass I had, 7 or 8 over the 13hr period would be my guess.

tips:

-Mass is around 8EUR 60 each
              -Dont take ANYTHING you dont want to lose (i.e bag, jacket etc.)
              -Dont get in the waitresses way, they'll be carrying 7 mass in each hand (14kg of alcohol plus 14x1litre glass mugs) and dont take kindly to having a p!ssed up idiot in their way
              -If your going at the weekend, arrive EARLY, i.e before 10am
              -Find a seat as you wont be served unless your sat down
              -dont stand on the tables, you'll be thrown out
              -Hendl = half a chicken, schweinbraten = roast pork, make sure you eat
              -if you want to impress, get your mates to hold you above their heads while your balancing on a tray, down a Mass (1 litre) in one to the roar of hte crowd
              -if you want to be embarrassed, try the above but fail to down it and lose your balance on the tray
              -if you want maximum respect, down a Mass faster than the previous guy if your a petite japanese girl
              ** all of the above i saw yesterday

-last orders is 10:30pm, by 11pm the men in yellow berets are throwing you out, walk to Sendlinger Tor and go to a post Weisn (Oktoberfest) party, they'll be open til 3am ish
              -if you leave the table make sure you tell people on your table that your going to the toilet or you'll return to find your place is gone, no place = no beer.
              -if you leave the beer hall (even to the beer garden) you have to queue to get back in
              -beer halls range in size from 4000 people to 10,000 inside and then approx 2500 outside in the beer garden at each tent, there something like 14 tents, a huge fairground and loads of food stalls.
              -Augustiner Brau is my favourite beer, their beer tent is IMO the best, Spaten is the worst IMO
              -the airport to the city center takes approx 45mins and costs 9,20EUR single trip or 10EUR for a day pass

Comment

Nicely done Chef you seem to be acclimatising well.

I would add that playing on the fair ground is best done before the drinking.
                Try and find the helter skelter ride (near the Sndling gate normally). Watching people doing involuntary breakdancing on a rapidly moving 45° conveyor belt is hilarious.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Are the waitresses in training the rest of the year? Are they stocky farm girls or normal people with incredibly strong wrists?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Are the waitresses in training the rest of the year? Are they stocky farm girls or normal people with incredibly strong wrists?
                    Of all their body parts, I don't think men have ever studied their wrists.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X