• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Monkeying around for National Freelancers' Day?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monkeying around for National Freelancers' Day?

CUK is supporting the PCG in their drive to get more recognition for the value freelancers bring to the UK economy.

One angle we'd particularly like to celebrate is the community spirit. At the risk of coming over a bit Gwynnie it's heartening to see contractors on here offering up experience, support and advice to others - particularly when it's been such a tough year.

So we wondered how many CUK contributors liked the idea of teaming up for a bit of 'high wire forest adventure' at Go Ape! 2-3 hours one Saturday in November to celebrate NFD? The only thing we ask in return is that you take some pictures to upload here for us all to have a good laugh at afterwards.

We're thinking of booking a couple of sessions in two different locations, so there'd be room for about 14 of you at each. What do you think? If you're interested can you email [email protected] with the title 'Go Ape' please, and let me know who you are and your nearest city so we can see if there's enough interest and what the most sensible venues would be.

Can't resist a banana here

Go on then.
    Emailed - and I know a couple of freelancers in Oxfordshire so happy with London or Oxford.

Comment

Fantastic! Sorry not to be clearer RH, there's nothing to pay as this one's on us.

Comment

Originally posted by Contractor UK View Post
        Fantastic! Sorry not to be clearer RH, there's nothing to pay as this one's on us.
        Expect a flood of replies about...

..now.

Comment

Originally posted by Contractor UK View Post
          ....At the risk of coming over a bit Gwynnie it's heartening to see contractors on here offering up experience, support and advice to others - particularly when it's been such a tough year.

We're thinking of booking a couple of sessions in two different locations, so there'd be room for about 14 of you at each. What do you think?....
          superb!

but are there really 28 cukers that could fall into the gwynnie category?

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
            superb!

but are there really 28 cukers that could fall into the gwynnie category?
            Quite likely
            Sounds like fun so I might be in (depends on where and when)
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
              are there really 28 cukers that could fall out of the trees to their doom?
              FTFY

Comment

exactly. can you imagine sas, dim and hab swinging together?

edit: or tay and sa?

Comment

I'm sure there are adequate safety procedures and equipment provided. Like a muzzle, a ball gag and a gimp suit for the aforementioned contributors.

The rest of us will have a great time.

Comment

If its either Buckingham palace, Big Ben or Tower bridge then count me in.

I will wear purple.....

Comment

Working...
                    X