• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who are you voting for?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are you voting for?

Although I doubt anyone here is but its the German national election this Sunday which could have an effect on most of Europe. There are:

SPD - German New Labour. Have no real policies and are currently joint rulers in the coalition
    CDU - German conservatives. Also no real policies but will probably win
    FDP - German liberals. Bunch of tossers
    Greens - Bunch of bearded tossers
    Die Linke - The remains of the old East German SED party who are starting to get a more prominent position. They do have a number of policies which are finding favour with a number of Germans, particularly those feel let down by the SPD. Expect them to get 3rd place
    Piraten Partei - won't get anything but Mrs. D has a soft spot for them
    Lots of other parties including the NPD and Republikaner who are worse than the BNP

I think the CDU will win but not get enough votes to form a majority in the house. The question is, who will partner them in a ruling coalition? In the case of the SPD, the FDP have refused to aprtner them and the SPD won't partner the SPD. Could be quite an interesting election here.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

I would vote for the world domination party.

Comment

Team Andre.

No wait...

Comment

No one here cares about ze Germans.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          ... SPD - German New Labour. Have no real policies and are currently joint rulers in the coalition
          CDU - German conservatives. Also no real policies but will probably win. ...
          You make that sound like a bad thing.

I wish to Christ a party in the UK with "no real policies" would win, and just coast it for a few years.

We'd be far better off in the long run than with all this neurotic hyperactivity that always goes pear shaped.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
          X