• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nicotine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicotine

I've just cleaned an old radio.

Previous owner was a heavy smoker & radio was a lovely brown colour all over.

After judicious spraying with foam cleanser, it is now black again.

The rag, however, is an evil brown colour.

Wonder what condition his lungs were in...

You should try washing a carpet of a house that was previously occupied by a smoker. Showed the water from the carpet cleaner to my niece and nephew - they went "Ewwww". Then I made them smell the water.

I swear they will never smoke ever!
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
      You should try washing a carpet of a house that was previously occupied by a smoker. Showed the water from the carpet cleaner to my niece and nephew - they went "Ewwww". Then I made them smell the water.

I swear they will never smoke ever!

Could you supply the carpet water or radio cleaning rag?
      May be able to re-claim the nicotine and re sell

Comment

Nicotine

When smoking was allowed on flights. During a plane service, the nicotine used to be scraped off the cabin roof with scrappers.

Right just off for a roll up.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
          Could you supply the carpet water or radio cleaning rag?
          May be able to re-claim the nicotine and re sell
          You'd be better off removing the condensate from the walls of the Hobgoblin pub in Staines.

Toilet door has a habit of breaking which can be a bit disconcerting trying to hold the door shut with one foot whilst trying to give birth to an otter....
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

You'd be better off removing the condensate from the walls of the Hobgoblin pub in Staines.

Toilet door has a habit of breaking which can be a bit disconcerting trying to hold the door shut with one foot whilst trying to give birth to an otter....

I've tried beaver, but not otter....interesting change.
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            (whatever these are)

Comment

Great place. Convivial atmosphere, sophisticated clienteller. And how big are the barmaid's knockers : surely they're not real!

Comment

Originally posted by luke warm
                Great place. Convivial atmosphere, sophisticated clienteller. And how big are the barmaid's knockers : surely they're not real!
                well they can hold a pint....so they may be......you can tell a differance with "false" ones....
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
                  well they can hold a pint....so they may be......you can tell a differance with "false" ones....
                  I reckon they could hold a gallon at least.

Comment

Originally posted by luke warm
                    I reckon they could hold a gallon at least.
                    or a yard of urm.....ale....
                    SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                    X