• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

Oops.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

The bloke that wrote that line only died a few days ago.

Troy Kennedy Martin: Z Cars, Edge of Darkness and The Italian Job. Most people would die happy being responsible for any one of those three works.

At 20:30 tonight on Radio 4 he will be mentioned on Last Word.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
      Courtesy of Google's translation mechanism, which seems to have done an most creditable job:

Bank robbers used too much dynamite

Two men are killed during an attempt to rob a bank in Belgium. They used too much dynamite and blew himself up.

A robbery attempt against a bank in the small town of Dinant, 100 kilometers from Brussels in Belgium, ended tragically for two men who tried to enrich themselves illegally.

The men would blow a hole in a cash machine, but apparently they used too much dynamite. This meant that they blew themselves to death.

03.20 Saturday after residents nearby had heard a huge bang, which blew a large part of the bank building in pieces.

Quickly took the policemen a perpetrators. He was still alive but died shortly afterwards of his injuries.

Once offenders were found dead Saturday afternoon when fire department had started to tidy up the ruins.

The prosecution says there is found a large quantity of dynamite on the ground. Too much if the robbers would simply open an ATM.

One of the two slain bar identification documents from Kosovo, said police, who also believes that there has been a third of Detonation, but he has slipped away.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Possible Darwin award winners?
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Hoist by their own petard.

Comment

English version: http://www.javno.com/en-world/clumsy...mselves_276484
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Good thing they did not have access to an EFP.

Comment

Google translation did that? I must seriously change from using Yahooo's Babel Fish.

PS Hey! Why is Googlle suddenly spelt with 2 ls? Or have I just had too much vodka?
                Last edited by xoggoth; 27 September 2009, 18:22.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                  At 20:30 tonight on Radio 4 he will be mentioned on Last Word.
                  So, did anybody listen?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    PS Hey! Why is Googlle suddenly spelt with 2 ls? Or have I just had too much vodka?
                    It's Goog11e - their 11th birthday.

Comment

Working...
                    X