• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Roman Polanski arrested in Switzerland over sex with underage girl

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roman Polanski arrested in Switzerland over sex with underage girl

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...rage-girl.html

About time too.

Got the hitherto obsure Zürich film festival some publicity though.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Agreed.

He'll get off though.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        He'll get off though.
        I think that's what got him into trouble in the first place...

Seriously, his victim has been petitioning the court for years to have the charges removed. She says the ongoing constant attention is causing her family far more harm than the original crime.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
          Seriously, his victim has been petitioning the court for years to have the charges removed. She says the ongoing constant attention is causing her family far more harm than the original crime.
          Justice does not like people running away from it for a long time and then trying to get off the hook: that's why this train robber was put back in jail despite his old age, Polanski knows that, which is why he does not want to go to USA to face justice that he escaped.

The fact that the victim allegedly forgives him etc is irrelevant - he should face justice in USA and it's a good thing that Switzerland is doing it's job in making sure concept of justice is not an empty sound.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium
            its

The biter bit?
            That's the CUK spirit...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

It's

HTH
              Switzerland is doing it's job
              its

The biter bit?
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                Agreed.

He'll get off though.
                Indeed. The rich always do.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Indeed. The rich always do.
                  That and the fact that she's no longer jailbait.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

The fact that the victim allegedly forgives him etc is irrelevant - he should face justice in USA and it's a good thing that Switzerland is doing it's job in making sure concept of justice is not an empty sound.
                    At what point did I say that she forgave him... because I don't think she has said that at all.

What she appears to be saying is that she, and her family, are suffering from the ongoing attempt to bring him to justice - that the process is hurting her more than the offender.

Unfortunately the victims of sexual assualts often have to go through the pain again in the justice system.

While I agree that it isn't the victim's right to absolve someone of their crimes, a justice system should not completely ignore the victims they are there to protect.

I certainly won't be shedding any tears for him - and hope he gets sent down for many years. But spare a thought for this lady who will probably have to go through all the pain again.

Comment

Working...
                    X