• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Selling cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling cars

No this is not my plan B but

Any hints or tips on selling a car, i normally trade in, but this time I'm not buying another car.

Best place to advertise etc...
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Phone up a couple of local car dealers and ask what they'd give you (for the car).
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
      Phone up a couple of local car dealers and ask what they'd give you (for the car).

Fnaaar!
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Depends how much hassle you can put up with and how much cash you want for the car.. dealer will be low on both counts.

If you can put up with fielding enquiries etc. the best place is probably Autotrader or eBay (as a classified ad)..

Second-hand prices are good at the moment - good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Frogstomp View Post
          Second-hand prices are good at the moment - good luck!
          The price of all assets seem to be pretty good at the moment? Anyone would think there was massive inflation going on or something.

Comment

Try PistonHeads.
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Got a low trade in offer recently and a mate encouraged me to stick it on ebay, offers came in steadily and ended up £600 ahead (for a car worth 3800, so reasonable percent better).
              If it had been say 100 notes more I would have traded it because of the pain of meeting a chap off the train, hoping he turns up, having to demonstrate the car and have him go over it, taking payment in cash and hoping it was all real, having this much in the house etc etc.
              So, I would check out the Autotrader to see likely price achievable (note these are sticker prices not actual selling price) then stick it on ebay so that the market can kick out a price.
              As ever, be careful and by preference get funds cleared before handing over all the paperwork.
              As mentioned, word is that stock levels are low and dealers might make you a decent offer at the moment (but they use ebay as well so might still be a good option)

Comment

http://www.wewillbuyyourcar.com/howi...FYwA4wodSWsz2Q
                http://www.webuyanycar.com/default.a...FUxs4wodN0xf2w

Worth a go.

Comment

Please, don't use the second site. Their radio advert is quite annoying and should not be rewarded...
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Sell a car less than 6 years old I don't even buy cars that new. My current one is worth 0p and get me places as quickly as any new car. Still not as quickly as a bicycle in town though.

Comment

Working...
                    X