• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can anyone recommend a good recordable Freeview box?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone recommend a good recordable Freeview box?

Looking to buy one. I keep missing Waking The Dead, and mobile broadband doesn't cater for watching things on iPlayer.

Humax boxes are very good...

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/produ...r9300t500.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by krytonsheep View Post
      Agreed. Our Sony is a bit rubbish - the menus are hard to navigate.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Sky + is the way forward. The interface is brilliant, it's failed to record I think twice in the last 2 years and you can easily chuck in a huge hard drive so you never come close to running out of space
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Indeed Sky+ is a thing of beauty.

Comment

Apart from it costing you every single month, unlike a Freesat/Freeview PVR.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Apart from it costing you every single month, unlike a Freesat/Freeview PVR.
              Yes, but you pays for what you get and realistically all the other PVR's are a sack of wank in comparison.

Comment

avoid the ones from Phillips. We had two - they both would hang and need rebooting (physical unplugging) every 100hrs or so viewing.. very annoying. bought one of those power boards that turns everything off when the master socket is off to solve this but it would take a while to boot everytime. very annoying.. like not using paragraphs or proper grammer

Comment

Got two Asda 80 quid specials, seem good enough to me.

Comment

Another vote for the Humax box, got 2 of them and you really get used to freezing and rewinding live telly even if you aren't recording it, chase-watching and best of all the 30 sec jump button for jibbing past adverts. Pretty soon it is like having your own channel and you almost never watch anything live, even footy is worth kicking on after 15 minutes to skip half time...

Comment

Working...
                    X