• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ISA Investment Query

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISA Investment Query

Hi All

Hoping someone can help - I have been running a Skandia funds
    MultiISA for the past couple of years. However the charges/commisison fees every time I make a lump sum deposit is 3% to my IFA and 1.5% to Skandia.

Now, my IFA does monitor the funds every 6 months and investment changes where necessary, but paying 4.5% charges/commisisons each time I make a payment sees excessively high ? Is it ?

Yes. HTH.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
      Hi All

MultiISA for the past couple of years. However the charges/commisison fees every time I make a lump sum deposit is 3% to my IFA and 1.5% to Skandia.

Now, my IFA does monitor the funds every 6 months and investment changes where necessary, but paying 4.5% charges/commisisons each time I make a payment sees excessively high ? Is it ?
      That is the cost of professional advice.

You could ask your IFA if he will bill you for his time instead and rebate his commissions. Independent Financial Advisers will usually do this.

Or you could go it alone to someone like Hargreaves Lansdown http://www.h-l.co.uk/ who will give you discounts but in return you get no personal advice. NB This is an example, not a recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        Hi All

Hi Kaiser78,

It is relatively high, but it also depends on the overall performance of the fund. Some ISA funds charge less than 1% but their performance is poor.

John

Comment

Working...
        X