• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

possible FOI information requests refusal workaround

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

possible FOI information requests refusal workaround

If Hector is refusing FOI requests on the basis of cost i.e. more than £600 or 3.5 days work.. then maybe we could have workarounds for this..

i.e. request the minutes of the first meeting on BN66.. or dates of BN66 meetings and specific requests for those minutes..

i understand that NJ has been on the whatdotheyknow.com website and has been making his requests from there. We could co-ordinate requests through this site.

some requests have been denied by Hector saying they dont have minutes. we can make a log of these missing minutes.

so for example we could ask for minutes of meetings in the month of January 2009. and then on, and make a log of months where they dont have minutes. as its not possible (or maybe it is ) for them to lose all their minutes.

i dont think Hector is going to agree to larger information requests as the £600 excuse is going to be used. Nor will they agree to individual search requests, as they will say it takes too much time. I think specific requests that arent too difficult to search for i.e. meetings in a particular month (as opposed to minutes of meetings attended by Mr X or Mr Y) would stand a far better chance of being answered, as also standing a better chance of winning appeals through the Independent Information commisioner.

refused requests at this point in time (re: minutes of meetings) are minutes of meetings 7/01/08-29/02/08, meetings attended by Dave Hartnett, or Mike Eland, minutes of meetings from october 2008-mar 2009. all rejected due to cost concerns (apart from the jan-feb one where they said that they didnt have records).

what if we offered to pay for the costs involved in retrieving this information? I guess they dont accept that...Im sure the info we want is worth a lot more than £600 to us...

Comment

Working...
    X