• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If I can come back, we can come back

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I can come back, we can come back

I just watched it again on YouTube, and cringed just as much the second time

In other news, Labour are third in a poll behind the Liberals (or whatever they are calling themselves now).

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

In other news, Labour are third in a poll behind the Liberals (or whatever they are calling themselves now).
    It beggars belief that "he" managed to come back!!!

They had to manufacture a place in the HOL so he could come back as part to Govt FFS.
    It should be bloody illegal.
    We should only be Governed by those we have elected. The upper house should be reserved as a place to provide checks and balances to stop a Government getting out of hand.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

How about those that come second in the election get a seat in the HoL? It would be nicely balanced then, and gets over the problem of having an unelected second chamber.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I am starting to think he is one of those 6 foot high lizards that Dave Icke bangs on about. The guy is pure self-serving slime IMHO

Comment

Times article:
          Gordon Brown is finished. And the Labour Party might be too
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

behind the Liberals (or whatever they are calling themselves now).
            God, yeah, I wish they'd just pick one name and stick to it instead of constantly chopping and changing, like the last time, 21 years ago and before that in 1859. It's so confusing.

Comment

Ugh! Who chose the imperial purple background?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                How about those that come second in the election get a seat in the HoL? It would be nicely balanced then, and gets over the problem of having an unelected second chamber.
                That's an interesting idea. Imagine if for each left wing MP there would be a right wing House of Lords member and vice versa. It has merits as a means of providing checks and balances, particularly when one party has an overwhelming majority in the House of Commons.

It would give minority parties a chance too.

Comment

'king 'ell. So instead of nearly 650 bastards living it up up at taxpayers expense, there would be nearly 1300 of 'em.

I'm glad I'm not paying for it.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                    'king 'ell. So instead of nearly 650 bastards living it up up at taxpayers expense, there would be nearly 1300 of 'em.
                    Errrr:-
                    As of July 2009 the House of Lords has 740 members, 94 more than the 646-seat House of Commons.

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                    I'm glad I'm not paying for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X