• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Electoral reform

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electoral reform

Didn't Labour promise it in 1997? A landslide or two and it didn't seem to be needed any more. Now that the party is facing doooom, it is a must to bring in electoral reform again.

Not just as a policy, but as a referendum question: so that the next government will not just ignore it. As I am sure they will want to, having won a landslide.

A plague on both your houses!
    Step outside posh boy

Oh yeah, weren't we promised a referendum on the Lisbon treaty too?

Comment

I think what they meant by 'Electoral Reform' was the massive gerrymandering effort they made in redrawing constituency boundaries to favour Labour even more.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
        I think what they meant by 'Electoral Reform' was the massive gerrymandering effort they made in redrawing constituency boundaries to favour Labour even more.
        The Conservatives will do it too. If you support one party or the other, you will say that one is gerrymandering and the other is adjusting for greater fairness; one is reforming the voting system to avoid a wipeout, the other is refusing needed reform because they like having a landslide.

I say a plague on both your houses.

Or does that make me guilty of inciting biological warfare against the powers that be? Hang on, there's a knock at the d........
        Step outside posh boy

Comment

Working...
        X