• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheese safety

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheese safety

When blue-green bits grow on the outside of normal cheese, obviously that's bad.
    But when blue-green bits grow on the outside of blue cheese (i.e. the same colour as the green-blue bits that are supposed to be there, but there's more of it round the edges), that's OK isn't it?

A quick answer appreciated.

tl

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    When blue-green bits grow on the outside of normal cheese, obviously that's bad.
    But when blue-green bits grow on the outside of blue cheese (i.e. the same colour as the green-blue bits that are supposed to be there, but there's more of it round the edges), that's OK isn't it?

tl
    Nope

HTH
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post

tl
      Yeah - it's grand. Have it with plenty of wine
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I'll check with my wife
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Dilemma over

I bottled it and binned it, because I remembered I had a new unopened pack at the back of the fridge.

Enjoying it with a bowl of home-made butternut squash and leek soup, and some pickled onions

Thanks team.

Comment

Nice ripe Stilton, a bottle of Chianti, and the evil snot goblin round for company - a perfect evening.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              Nice ripe Stilton, a bottle of Chianti, and the evil snot goblin round for company - a perfect evening.
              You had me at stilton and chianti and then went and spoilt it....
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                You had me at stilton and chianti and then went and spoilt it....
                Do the research and you will find that it is the perfect combination.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                  Do the research and you will find that it is the perfect combination.
                  what snot goblin as well? I don't think so
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Go for it.

I had some iffy meat the other week. It was frozen but had been defrosted and refrozen at least once and stunk a bit when finally defrosted. Anyway I thought cooking would sort it out, especially if the outside surfaces were excised. Nope, still tasted pretty nasty throughout after cooking. It even still smelled, which if anything was worse than before it was cooked.

Comment

Working...
                    X