• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown loses Sun newspaper backing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown loses Sun newspaper backing

The end is near for Gordon Brown and New Labour, those who helped instate them will now help remove them from power.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8281859.stm

The depressing thing is The Sun quite possibly has more overall sway on voters than the rest of the more serious papers put together.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If Tories are the answer what is the question

Comment

The depressing thing is The Sun quite possibly has more overall sway on voters than the rest of the more serious papers put together
        It would appear to be so, from a very small sample set, admittedly. I'll explain.

Overheard at the kitchenette, whilst making a coffee.

3 members of the site, discussing that perhaps it was time to change based on the Sun's views.
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

The Sun follows it's reader's opinions rather that sets them. The readership had decided to drop old Snotty ages ago. The Sun would have run with this weeks ago but wanted to time it for maximum impact. It is a business, nothing more, nothing less.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I hope Labour can pull back and win.

I'd like to see Brown sacking the Public Sector and visiting the IMF cap in hand for a loan.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              The depressing thing is The Sun quite possibly has more overall sway on voters than the rest of the more serious papers put together.
              I know. How come Rupert Murdoch, who isn't even British, gets to have one big block vote in our democracy?
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

I'd like to see Brown sacking the Public Sector and visiting the IMF cap in hand for a loan.

I wouldn't - I'd like to see him locked up for what he has done. He goes on all the time about the bankers, but he has run the country worse than any of those ran a bank
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  The Sun follows it's reader's opinions rather that sets them. The readership had decided to drop old Snotty ages ago. The Sun would have run with this weeks ago but wanted to time it for maximum impact. It is a business, nothing more, nothing less.
                  The Sun has been very good at tapping into the mood of its target audience over the years and then reinforcing that mood.

It is not so mighty that it would ever be able to persuade them to vote Lib Dem so don't give it too much credit.

On the plus side, this does mean that it is curtains for Labour.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Yeah, in for a penny in for a pound.

Comment

Working...
                    X