• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ICT scheme needs a rethink

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ICT scheme needs a rethink

From CUK News: http://www.contractoruk.com/news/004555.html

It would appear that someone has noticed the abuse of the scheme.

ICTs should only be allowed where intimate knowledge of the companies product is required. For instance the Huff House team come to install the house that arrives as a kit of parts or similar installers.

There are some roles which chould never get an ICT licence.
    Software development roles do not require said knowledge though PM positions might.

I would also suggest a fee for every ICT licence issued. Pre agreed number and length.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Nowt will happen, if they stopped it now then our day rates would rocket and many companies would not be able to afford us. The goverment knows growth relies upon cheap labour.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
      From CUK News: http://www.contractoruk.com/news/004555.html

It would appear that someone has noticed the abuse of the scheme.

ICTs should only be allowed where intimate knowledge of the companies product is required. For instance the Huff House team come to install the house that arrives as a kit of parts or similar installers.

There are some roles which chould never get an ICT licence.
      Software development roles do not require said knowledge though PM positions might.

I would also suggest a fee for every ICT licence issued. Pre agreed number and length.
      If the offshore people can't come here to do the work then surely the work will just be moved offshore to where they are.

Will there really be any benefit for us in the long run?

Comment

You are all dead men walking. Pandora's box (ooh-er missus) has been opened and there's no closing it now.

Comment

If they are onshore I think you get much more quality out of them. They cannot get away with their games when they are sitting in front of you.

Comment

Working...
          X