• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HSBC says house crash is over.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSBC says house crash is over.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-90-loans.html

Britain's biggest bank has promised to lend an extra £500million to homebuyers applying for 90 per cent mortgages.

HSBC has made the pledge after declaring that the housing crash is finally over.

The move is expected to end a desperate shortage of this type of high loan-to-value mortgage.

Boomed!

Pile in chaps!

Strange when the headling says "'Housing crash is over' declares HSBC" nobody from HSBC actually says "Housing crash is over".

Comment

500 million...

If I've got my sums right...average house price about 250k...which means they'll provide 10,000 mortgages (maximum - in reality, very little happening at the bottom end of the market)...average number of mortgages atm is 30,000 a month in the UK...sounds a bit like urinating in the wind to me...

Comment

HSBC was always one of the more prudant lenders.
        90% LTV max and demanded a squeeky clean credit record
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

The crash isn't officially over until liar loans are back.

Comment

HSBC are wrong, and missing out on / ignoring the fundamentals.

The length of this dip (e.g., upswing) in the midsts of the recession means that the second part of the W will be longer and more severe.

Comment

Working...
            X