• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ITIL foundation exam Should I study at all ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITIL foundation exam Should I study at all ?

Has anyone taken the ITIL foundation exam - I have heard it might be passable without study at all ( i do have 10 years exp in IT ).

However , is it the kind of the exam that you do have to study to understand the terminology of the exam ? Kinda like an Microsoft exam , it is kinda easy but you should have read the books to know which answer wording they prefer...

If you're not interested in learning it, why bother taking the exam?

You can google ITIL - that will give you some info. And you can buy an introductory book that will give you an overview (which is all the Foundation Course and exam is).

But at least try to make a bit of an effort...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

The 2 books that you need...

How to pass ITIL Foundation

ITIL Foundation Overview
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        If you're not interested in learning it, why bother taking the exam?

I reckon I can check if it is an exam I can pass without reading books.

I wonder if I am at a disadvantage of not having it . All permanent staff at my last contract , were doing a 3 course/test bundle , so I wonder IF I am the least creature in the world without ITIL exam.

Comment

Yes you definitely should take it without reading the book! Then let us know how you get on.

Comment

The OP has a valid point. As with the Prince2 foundation, getting the correct answers in ITIL foundation is just as much about commonsense and leveraging existing knowledge of IT as it is about prior study.

That was my perception of it anyway.

Comment

I have to disagree. I took the foundation a couple of weeks ago and passed but I did study and I read quite a few different text books plus did practice exam papers. Some of the questions are very obscure.

I spoke to the examiner after and she advised that the rate of passes in the open centre is quite low. The person sat next to me did not manage to answer many questions at all and five minutes before the end started colouring in circles at random in the vain hope they would pass.

Comment

I did it from scanning through a permie colleagues course notes for a few hours and just passed. You won't pass without any study.

Comment

Is it full of questions like that ? FFS I am not 20 anymore and have no ability to concentrate enough to answer a question like that.

Which of the following is not the opposite of not being unresponding to a user’s failure to call the Service Desk?

a) not calling the user

b) not failing to call the user

c) not calling not the user

d) not the opposite of not calling someone other than the user

Comment

Originally posted by juststarting View Post

Which of the following is not the opposite of not being unresponding to a user’s failure to call the Service Desk?

a) not calling the user

b) not failing to call the user

c) not calling not the user

d) not the opposite of not calling someone other than the user
                    So it's like a MS exam then only easier to comprehend what the question is asking?

Comment

Working...
                    X