• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Storing files without paying for it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storing files without paying for it?

I bought an ebook today and found I am only able to download it for the next 5 days (as many times as I like in this period).
    I don't want to go burning CDs or paying for an online repository for it, I was wondering how viable it is to simply save a draft email in gmail with it as an attachment. Would you trust them with it?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I was wondering how viable it is to simply save a draft email in gmail with it as an attachment. Would you trust them with it?
    Very simple, and yes.

You could even send it to yourself so you've got two copies
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

www.getdropbox.com

Comment

If you are not prepared to pay for your data storage, then it's not worth keeping.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          If you are not prepared to pay for your data storage, then it's not worth keeping.

HTH

Yes you're right. I should buy a dedicated server with guaranteed 99.99 SLA in a bunker somewhere, to store my £20 ebook.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Why not copy it to a SD card?

Comment

Another vote here for Dropbox, it's the business.

Comment

or use adrive - 50gig for free
                "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Dropbox gets my vote too
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Am I missing the point or would a £7 USB memory stick contain this book and much more besides?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X