• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best ebook reader

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best ebook reader

Maybe this should be in the technical, but anyone got an ebook reader?
    I was thinking either the Cool-er or I-Touch with Stanza. Anyone got any advice of either of these options?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

I quite like my Sony ebook reader! Had it while and not had any problems with it. http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/reader-ebo...ony|3741669392 Not one of your options but just a suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by *Alterego View Post
      I quite like my Sony ebook reader! Had it while and not had any problems with it. http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/reader-ebo...ony|3741669392 Not one of your options but just a suggestion.
      Yes but too pricey IMHO. Cool-er is, well, cooler.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Get the cheapest nastiest one. You always do.

Comment

Is there a DRM issue with these e-book thingies? Aren't there two standards (Sony & Kindle spring to mind)?

With that in mind (and were I in the market for such a thing) I would go for the one with the best infrastructure for buying ebooks.

When I first got an MP3 player, I had a great little thing - played more formats than an ipod, sounded better, did almost everything better. I genuinely can't remember what make it was, but it was a faff getting music onto it. Either you had to download some dodgy file share (dodgy) or rip a CD (faff).

When I got an ipod downloading music became a) legal and b)so simple my dad could do it.

I guess my point is, look at the total package, not just the device that looks the shiniest.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Is there a DRM issue with these e-book thingies? Aren't there two standards (Sony & Kindle spring to mind)?

With that in mind (and were I in the market for such a thing) I would go for the one with the best infrastructure for buying ebooks.

When I first got an MP3 player, I had a great little thing - played more formats than an ipod, sounded better, did almost everything better. I genuinely can't remember what make it was, but it was a faff getting music onto it. Either you had to download some dodgy file share (dodgy) or rip a CD (faff).

When I got an ipod downloading music became a) legal and b)so simple my dad could do it.

I guess my point is, look at the total package, not just the device that looks the shiniest.
            Bet you had a betamax.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Get the cheapest nastiest one. You always do.
              Bet my house is nicer than yours.
              More valuable anyway.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                Well I'm not Dim
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Bet you had a betamax.
                  I'm too young to have had a betamax
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I thought the kindle was the best in the market now.

Comment

Working...
                    X