• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The 47 Society

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 47 Society

I will be turning 47 on Sunday, or thirty-seventeen as I like to call it.

Anyway, someone has pointed out the 47 Society to me. Then I noticed that I'd written this in an email a couple of days ago:

I've just ordered 47 photos for printing via your website....
    Spooky!

Anyone else got an interesting 47-related anecdote to share?

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    IAnyone else got an interesting 47-related anecdote to share?

Yes. I will be 47 in quite a few years from now.
    How spooky is that.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yes, your user name is composed of 2 words of 4 and 7 characters respectively, Mr Moos e423956.

Comment

Football and cricket are the oldest popular team sports in the world, and both are 11-a-side games. And what are 4 and 7 added together?

Comment

47 Society - New member.

I'm 47 Friday week. I have booked a table at Bofinger in Paris where I shall be getting royally drunk on vintage champagne and doing my best to strip the North Atlantic coast of it's autumnal stock of shellfish.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            I'm 47 Friday week. I have booked a table at Bofinger in Paris where I shall be getting royally drunk on vintage champagne and doing my best to strip the North Atlantic coast of it's autumnal stock of shellfish.
            I assume you will have a large chested prostitute keeping you from getting bored at the table. Party in style.
            "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
              I assume you will have a large chested prostitute keeping you from getting bored at the table. Party in style.
              Alas it's also my wedding anniversary as well as my birthday, still; can't be helped.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Moose423956

42 + 3 - 9 + 5 + 6 = 47

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                  I will be turning 47 on Sunday, or thirty-seventeen as I like to call it.

Anyway, someone has pointed out the 47 Society to me. Then I noticed that I'd written this in an email a couple of days ago:

Spooky!

Anyone else got an interesting 47-related anecdote to share?
                  You have an IQ of 47.

HTH

Comment

spooky this.

when I was 47, I was on a bus going into Liverpool. Yes, it was the No. 47 bus.
                    One of my fellow passengers was crying and said that he was being booted out of NASA because his program had lost 47 astronauts and no one else would volunteer. Imagine how delighted he was when I agreed to go through the rigorous training and fly to Mars the following month.
                    On the way to Mars the computer went mad and tried to steal my DVD collection but I fought back using human ingenuity by forcing a compressed air cylinder into its mouth and shooting it with my rifle.

Then I woke up. It had all been a dream.

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X