• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie purchasing BS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permie purchasing BS

Now then, the highly competent (contractor of course) project secretary has very quickly arranged 9 interviews with suitable candidates for 4 spaces in my test team, all from companies that are approved by the program manager on behalf of CIO and CEO. I am very grateful to her and her contractoryness. This had to be done quickly as the bank told me this week it is taking 4 people away from my team for other work. Thanks to our brilliant secretary progress ca continue. So what happens next? Some permie manager phones me and starts whingeing that 'the process hasn't been followed' and 'some of these CVs come from companies that are not on our 'preferred supplier list' (neither is my pimp). WTF? Is the guy really to thick to understand that it doesn't matter which pimps are supplying, you get the same candidates, but supplied via a long chain of other pimps to ensure clientco pays too much and tester recieves too little?

Is it in every permie's job description to 1 talk bulltulip, 2 interfere in things that someone else is perfectly capable of doing and 3 ensure that everything costs their employer more money and time than is necessary?

F**king morons.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

It's because he has nothing better to do.

Good people (permie or contractor) realise when they should STFU and read the Internet, instead of interfering and making things worse.

Or to put it another way: most people incorrectly assume that 'busy' == good and 'lazy' == bad, when often quite the reverse is true.
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Some permie manager phones me and starts whingeing that 'the process hasn't been followed' and 'some of these CVs come from companies that are not on our 'preferred supplier list' that give me a backhander for each contractor employed
      Fixed that for you
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        ... WTF? Is the guy really to thick to understand that it doesn't matter which pimps are supplying, you get the same candidates, but supplied via a long chain of other pimps to ensure clientco pays too much and tester recieves too little?
        Yes
        Is it in every permie's job description to 1 talk bulltulip, 2 interfere in things that someone else is perfectly capable of doing and 3 ensure that everything costs their employer more money and time than is necessary?
        No. Just the
        F**king morons.
        If they want they're "preferred supplier" thing to work - they'd publish the list. And some do.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Hmm. You're saying their process is slowing you down and causing pointless delays. Many would say your job as a tester does exactly the same thing; how'd you respond if a contractor got the code written extra quick by deciding to deploy straight away without running through the testing process.

Seems every department sees the merit in their own process, but is quick to rubbish other peoples' processes.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
          X