• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft Infrastructure market non existent ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Infrastructure market non existent ?

Just a thread where we consultants with Microsoft infrastructure background can gather to have a good cry.

A search on windows server or similar has like 10 results or something on jobserve , I mean - that basically means there is no market for this. Should have known ...

Originally posted by juststarting View Post
    Just a thread where we consultants with Microsoft infrastructure background can gather to have a good cry.

A search on windows server or similar has like 10 results or something on jobserve , I mean - that basically means there is no market for this. Should have known ...
    This is why i don't do it anymore! But a tip - don't bother moving into networking as it's also dying on it's arse.

Comment

Strange, I just got over 350 results when searching for Windows Server on jobserve

Did you check your spelling?
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Strange, I just got over 350 results when searching for Windows Server on jobserve

Did you check your spelling?
        well sure. "Windows Server" in quotes gets around twenty "40£ plus" results and about sixty results unspecified pay ... Is that not sad enough , considering this is the UK ?

Comment

I'm 10 weeks from the bench. 15 years MS oriented support in finance. Had enough and the money is looking utter crap. Plenty quickness etc is starting to creep into current client office. Dabbled in project mgmt/teamlead/some ITIL streams. Did PRINCE2 practitioner last year and enjoyed the material. May do PMP but need some way of blagging the apparent 3 years evidenced PM experience required.

What would you study if you had about 10 weeks (plus bench time)? Is there a skill or cert that could get you in the door doing something else ?

Comment

Originally posted by LegendsWear7 View Post
            What would you study if you had about 10 weeks (plus bench time)? Is there a skill or cert that could get you in the door doing something else ?
            Something VMWare or XenServer related, maybe, or App-V?

Comment

Originally posted by ee61re View Post
              Something VMWare or XenServer related, maybe, or App-V?
              Have been working on ESX for 4 years. Used to be mad keen on it when VM design could pay up to 100/hr but the rates have bombed too. The future may be non-tech.

Comment

ocs?

Comment

well sure. "Windows Server" in quotes gets around twenty "40£ plus" results and about sixty results unspecified pay ... Is that not sad enough , considering this is the UK ?
                  Don't forget 'Wintel'.
                  As much as I hate that term it is still permanently grafted into the minds of many.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendsWear7 View Post
                    I'm 10 weeks from the bench. 15 years MS oriented support in finance. Had enough and the money is looking utter crap. Plenty quickness etc is starting to creep into current client office. Dabbled in project mgmt/teamlead/some ITIL streams. Did PRINCE2 practitioner last year and enjoyed the material. May do PMP but need some way of blagging the apparent 3 years evidenced PM experience required.

Oracle do a course called DBA in two days.
                    Get a MS Cert in DBA for SQL Server 2008
                    CISCO routers?
                    Cloud computing?
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X