• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So what's wrong with Labour?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what's wrong with Labour?

Why shouldn't I vote for them?

My mum (who is normally very intelligent ) thinks he's a very nice man.

Oh yeah - he has totally fooked the economy.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      Oh yeah - he has totally fooked the economy.
      But how? It's very easy to think that, but I need facts.

Comment

I'm now pretty convinced that no party should be allowed to win more than two times on the trot.

Why you should not vote for Labour is because they have been in power too long.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
          But how? It's very easy to think that, but I need facts.
          Actually, if I wasn't going to vote for Labour it would be because of lots of unnecessarily and pointless legislation (the nanny shyte). I also disagree with the (anti) terrorism legislation, as I don't believe you should be able to lock people up without charging them for so long - (and I want to make this absolutely clear) even if they are called Osama and have a beard.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss....

I can't write my actual views on the subject of what's been done to my country as its not 'PC'
            Last edited by Durbs; 1 October 2009, 22:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
              I fear you are right
              We have to vote for someone though?
              +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                I'm now pretty convinced that no party should be allowed to win more than two times on the trot.

Why you should not vote for Labour is because they have been in power too long.
                Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                Actually, if I wasn't going to vote for Labour it would be because of lots of unnecessarily and pointless legislation (the nanny shyte). I also disagree with the (anti) terrorism legislation, as I don't believe you should be able to lock people up without charging them for so long - (and I want to make this absolutely clear) even if they are called Osama and have a beard.

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
                Agreed - a plague on all their houses. I get sick of the pathetic Tory dogma that tends to be all pervading on this board, but it is time for a change, however I have no faith at all that the Tories will be much if any better. Anyone who thinks the Tories are always our saviours after Labour spoils things is just a dogmatic blinkered fool, just as much as anyone who thinks that El Gordo hasn't run out of ideas and steam is a deluded Labour automaton. It's a poor show when your vote's always for the lesser of two evils, and even the politcos say "oh yes we've messed up a bit, but don't forget the other lot are worse".

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                  Agreed - a plague on all their houses. I get sick of the pathetic Tory dogma that tends to be all pervading on this board, but it is time for a change, however I have no faith at all that the Tories will be much if any better. Anyone who thinks the Tories are always our saviours after Labour spoils things is just a dogmatic blinkered fool, just as much as anyone who thinks that El Gordo hasn't run out of ideas and steam is a deluded Labour automaton. It's a poor show when your vote's always for the lesser of two evils, and even the politcos say "oh yes we've messed up a bit, but don't forget the other lot are worse".
                  Sort of agree. But, one of (the many) problems with the incumbents is that they are all so staggeringly thick. Yvette Cooper, Ed Balls, Ed Miliband.

We are in the hands of 'tards.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    It's a poor show when your vote's always for the lesser of two evils
                    That is unfortunately the way it is, and its "vaguely, maybe" the lesser of two evils.

We need far harder change than anyone is offering, i listened to a speech by Vince Cable recently which inspired me more than anything that i've heard from anyone who is (realistically) going to get into power. This is from someone who's always taken the mickey out of Mrs Durbs for voting Lib Dem, telling her its a wasted vote. At the moment, somewhere between them and (i'm afraid to say) the BNP is where i want to be.

As a worker who has always put providing for my family and bettering myself above anything else, i find the pandering to the council estate work-shy scum deplorable. Both the realistic candidates are doing nothing to reassure me that they will not be just continuing with this.

Suppose its the way you've been brought up, but the brief spell i spent unemployed when i was younger, i did not sign on as i would not lower myself to that. I was taught from an early age, you do not sponge, you do not rely on others to provide for you, you f**kin work and you provide for yourself and your own. My mates and all my peers were, and still are the same but now i've got kids of my own i see older kids from the gippo estate near us and their parents going down a very different route.

Don't see either parties changing this nanny state of sponge, sponge, sponge. Get on the sick, sorted, all the ale you can drink paid for and enough left over for a Sky telly subscription. So where do i look for my political leanings? BNP? No, because i'm not racist, I just would happily herd everyone who's been on benefits for x years into a field and machine gun them. Anyone advocating that gets my vote.
                    Last edited by Durbs; 1 October 2009, 23:22.

Comment

Working...
                    X