• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Website help please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website help please

Hello peeps,
    long time lurker here, I decided to register because I need your help. I assist a charitable organisation with their website www.worldconkerchampionships.com - these are the people who run the World Conker Championships and donate what they make to charities for the blind.

They recently had a report that the "Photo Gallery" pages weren't working, but just "flashed up" before disappearing again. This might be something to do with the "reframing" java script I advised them to add to the site

It all looks ok here, but I have only IE8 and FF3.5 browers.

Would any of you kindly gents and ladies with other browsers care to see if it works for you and let me know by replying to this thread. Notes on any other issues would be appreciated too. But I'd rather avoid an onslaught of insults as to some extent the site is what it is and won't be redesigned any time soon no matter how bad you (probably) think it is.

I hope that your own charitable natures will help me get this sorted.

P.S. I've seen two films about gladiators, one I liked, one I didn't.

works for me.

edit: xp prof 5.1.2600 & internet explorer 8.0.6001.18702
    Last edited by DS23; 2 October 2009, 09:06.

Comment

Works on Safari 4.0.3 on Vista.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
        works for me.
        Thanks DS23 - would you mind letting me know which OS and browser you're using so I can cross that combination off my list?

Thanks

Comment

Works fine in FF 3.0.5 and IE7
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Works for Opera 10.00 on Vista

Comment

WFM - Firefox, XPSP2.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by conkerer View Post
                  these are the people who run the World Conker Championships and donate what they make to charities for the blind.
                  Is this due to the inherent risks associated with your sport?
                  We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
                  - Douglas Adams

Comment

Works fine on Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021906 Firefox/3.0.7 running under Debian Lenny. Looks tulipe under Lynx though
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X