• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Middle class murder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Middle class murder

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/8286736.stm

A debt-ridden woman who drowned her 11-year-old son has been detained indefinitely.

James Taylor's body was found at the home he shared with his mother in New Ash Green, near Dartford, Kent, on 2 December last year.

Jennifer Taylor, 45, admitted manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

Maidstone Crown Court heard she had debts of nearly £290,000 and wanted her son to "be in a better place".

Had she never heard of bankruptcy?

What a terrible thing to do.

not been a great week for kids all round has it.

highlights stupidity of government rules concerning contact with children when it's the parents that are fiddling and bumping them off willy-nilly

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
      not been a great week for kids all round has it.

highlights stupidity of government rules concerning contact with children when it's the parents that are fiddling and bumping them off willy-nilly
      In Plymouth it seems to be the ofsted regulated nursery that was doing it!

Comment

Not sure if I could have been overpowered and strangled by my mother at 11.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/8286736.stm

A debt-ridden woman who drowned her 11-year-old son has been detained indefinitely.

James Taylor's body was found at the home he shared with his mother in New Ash Green, near Dartford, Kent, on 2 December last year.

Jennifer Taylor, 45, admitted manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

Maidstone Crown Court heard she had debts of nearly £290,000 and wanted her son to "be in a better place".

Had she never heard of bankruptcy?

What a terrible thing to do.
          The power of money and debt.

Debt is the best system since the Enlightenment to get the little people out of bed in the morning and out working. If only she realised that is the only purpose of money then perhaps her poor son might still be with us.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Not sure if I could have been overpowered and strangled by my mother at 11.
            Mine failed several times.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Mine failed several times.
              Playstation generation.

Grown man would have struggled when we were kids, was equipped to squirm out of any grip like an oiled snake and run like daly thomson on fire. Kept us out of trouble, especially when we threw eggs through peoples sunroof.

Comment

Working...
              X