• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Its in my head!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its in my head!!!

I am trying to get my head round a knotty problem I've got with some XML gubbins and and an automatic file pick up process, I've been working from home today, and it is REALLY BUGGING me that I haven't got this fixed.
    I cant relax as it keeps going round and round in my head - ARRRGH why do I care??

I am applying alcohol as best I can, but really It annoying - I bet I'm not the only one who does this.

glug glug
    Last edited by Pogle; 2 October 2009, 18:09. Reason: spelling
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I am trying to get my head round a knotty problem I've got with some XML gubbins and and an automatic file pick up process, I've been working from home today, and it is REALLY BUGGING me that I haven't got this fixed.
    I cant relax as it keeps going round and round in my head - ARRRGH why do I care??

I am applying alcohol as best I can, but really It annoying - I bet I'm not the only one who does this.

glug glug
    Does it relate to XSLT - I was dealing with something like that yesterday - Wondering why a US video feed didn't work as expected, and found out by chance that the XML is messed around by some XSL in their CMS.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

glug glug
      Propagated Transactions via Spring/Hibernate and Websphere 6.1, using JTA and JPA. Kept me up until 2:00 a.m. two nights this week. I wouldn't mind, it's only a small app. that I'm writing for myself, not a client (in other words, I'm working for free!)

Like you, I must be a nutter. But you know what it's like once you get your teeth into a problem: you just can't let go...

Nomadd
      nomadd liked this post

Comment

ASN.1 and CORBA: those that don't know them are doomed to re-implement them, badly.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Can’t be as bad as the XML I’ve suffered from all afternoon.

I am trying to use a XML file from the CME; it’s FIXML for definitions of futures. It’s 50Mb and not in the correct format for XML. It won’t open in IE or any other XML reader.

I can view it in notepad++ so I can see what is in there, but can I read it in anything else? Can I frak.

I wish I could find a better source for the information I need.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Am sure it is because it is a Friday. Mr Alterego always has a crisis on a Friday with his code. I always push him to leave it and come home. Normally he goes in on a Monday and sorts it out so quickly! It always helps when you get some sleep and relax.

Comment

glug glug
              Sleep on it then call me in the morning if its not better. Glug, glug.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I was pished last week and had to clean out the log files on the plan b server before restarting it, ended up deleting the server. Not going near plan B again drunk.

Comment

glug glug
                  PM me with details, I'll help if I can. Been on fire this week, really lifted my spirits.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                    ASN.1 and CORBA: those that don't know them are doomed to re-implement them, badly.
                    Implement CORBA badly!?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X