• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Internet shopping - arrghh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet shopping - arrghh

I love internet shopping, it`s so easy to search around for the best price. This week I was meant to buy a new TV and left it until last minute. Checked the price on Currys.co.uk (£799.99)and thought "okay, I`m sure I can do better than that". So getting short of time (for Sat delivery) I went to another website and found it £100 cheaper and thought "waaahaay, I`m quids in", so hit the buy button not expecting that price to be bettered.......few hoours later I saw a Dixons advert,checked the website and shiiiiittttt it`s another £60 cheaper there!

£160 difference between the Currys price and the best price, isn`t that just shocking?

Fed up now

At least I saved £100 and I managed to place my order at £6pm for delivery tomorrow, Dixons wouldn`t have delivered until next weekend but if only I had remembered a little earlier in the week!
    Last edited by SuperZ; 2 October 2009, 18:59.

IIRC Dixons and Currys are the same group (DSG), same as PC World.

Comment

You get a 7 or 14 day cooling off period buying online.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        IIRC Dixons and Currys are the same group (DSG), same as PC World.
        Yep, they went as far as renaming all the Dixons high street shops Currys.Digital and making the Dixons Brand online only (hence it now being cheeper than Currys).
        Still Invoicing

Comment

Email them the link to the other site, and say you're going to cancel unless they price match.

Comment

Easy cancellation - order didn't arrive on Sat and I cancelled.

£60 saved

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
              £160 difference between the Currys price and the best price, isn`t that just shocking?
              No. 20% isn't massive, check the variance on products in the main supermarket chains, especially when they have limited offers on the product you look at. Or check the variance in booking a hotel room through their own website Vs Expedia. Or use Kelkoo to compare the cost of a DVD boxset and see how there's nearly always selling it twice the price of the best deals... but the big players are constantly switching so you can't ever assume which is cheapest without checking.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
                Easy cancellation - order didn't arrive on Sat and I cancelled.

£60 saved
                don't buy the bloody TV - £4000 saved
                "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

How can you save £4000 by not buying a £799.99 TV? Were you an Enron accountant?

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                    How can you save £4000 by not buying a £799.99 TV? Were you an Enron accountant?
                    I included extra price for "guarantees" that do not actually cover your specific incident and the hassle involved in claiming for these etc. TCO?
                    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
                    X