• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Guardian vs Telegraph Journos

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guardian vs Telegraph Journos

There's something about Guardian columnists that is beginning to get to me . It's the smug pics of themselves that accompany their articles. I mean, some of them practically sneer off the page at you. Take this one for instance:

link

and compare it to the telegraph's lovely Bryony Gordon:

link

I know who I'd rather start my day looking at.

Guardian columnists are smug. They talk down to you. I won't read it.

Comment

Originally posted by bekarovka View Post
      There's something about Guardian columnists that is beginning to get to me . It's the smug pics of themselves that accompany their articles. I mean, some of them practically sneer off the page at you. Take this one for instance:

link

and compare it to the telegraph's lovely Bryony Gordon:

link

I know who I'd rather start my day looking at.
      If you're buying a newspaper just to look at the pictures try the sun or daily mirror.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
        If you're buying a newspaper just to look at the pictures try the sun or daily mirror.

HTH
        Daily Sport is better. So I'm told.

Comment

Start your day with Page3.com. You know it makes sense.

Today is Danni Wells.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Charlie Brooker is one of the funniest journalists/writer/tv presenters in the country. His whole style is about sneering at things, he's basically a grumpy middle aged man... erm doesn't that ring any bells?
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              Start your day with Page3.com. You know it makes sense.

Today is Danni Wells.
              She'd be pretty average over here. See much better just cycling to work.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Charlie Brooker is very very funny.
                His column and the Bad Science column are the two best reasons for buying the Guardian

Try reading his articles instead of looking at the pictures.
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                X